Living a healthy lifestyle is not just about making the healthy choices for yourself but also about exuding health in everything you do and that includes gift giving. How can we really call ourselves healthy if we pass unhealthy things onto others? Here is my list of last minute healthy gift ideas for anybody on your list.
1. Edible Arrangements. These are beautiful all fruit arrangements which comes at a time of year where good fresh fruit can be hard to find. Franchises are in most cities so if there is no time for delivery you can easily arrange for pick-up. I have sent at least 3 of these this year!
2. Fruit of the Month Club – Several companies have monthly fruit clubs including Harry and David and The Fruit Company. You can choose from 3 to 12 months where the recipient will receive shipments of fresh fruit.
3. Fitbit – If you have a gadget guru on your list, this is perfect. The small device attaches to your pants and measures your steps, stairs, sleep time, time it took to fall asleep, and calories burned throughout the day. The info uploads wirelessly every time you walk past your computer. There is an app that you can use to track your activities as well.
5. Whole Foods Gift Basket – In a pinch I have been known to grab a basket and browse through Whole Foods and pick out things that the recipient would like. Ideas are special soaps, unique foods, fruit, exotic cheese, and fresh bread/rolls. You can pick this up as late as Christmas eve!
6. A Goat. Huh? Yes, International Rescue Gifts allows you to send goats, chickens, mosquito nets, healthcare for an expectant mom, safety equipment, a classroom for children, and much more to somewhere in the world where these items are direly needed. On their website, you can pick the category of gift (health, education, emergency relief, rebuilding) and by price range (under $50 to over $250).
7. Stocking Stuffers – Can’t forget these! Try things like: 100 cal packs of almonds, dark chocolate, hand warmers, walking/running socks (who can’t use another pair?), funky colored sports bra/shorts, sport gloves (for exercising outside in the cold), iTunes gift card, or individual packets of Gu Brew, Sportbeans, and other electrolyte products.
8. Give the gift of exercise for kids! Any parent welcomes ideas and activities for their kids on cold weekend days. Find a local indoor playground, jump place, or trampoline gym like Skyzone, and pick up a gift card for the family on your list.
9. Dancing Lessons – Do you have someone on your list who used to love dancing but hasn’t had a chance to get out there? Find a local dance studio and get a gift certificate for a few lessons of salsa, ballroom, or Latin!
10. Cleaning. One thing that adds stress to everyone’s life is a messy house (and no time to clean it)! Give the gift of a cleaning service and you will save the person some stress and time, which frees them up to do things they have trouble making time for –like hitting the gym. Local services like Molly Maid have gift certificates instantly delivered via email.
Good luck on your last minute shopping! Happy holidays and keep it healthy!
Share on Facebook